|Resident in the Eindhoven region of The Netherlands. Native language English. Business Dutch is good.|
|2012- date||Freelance consultancy assignments include:|
- a proof of concept implementation of OAGIS messages for utility network management,
- proof of concept for conversion from EDIFACT to XML in the context of a WCO Single Window implementation,
- development of a conceptual data model of product data and product type code system in preparation for migration from legacy to NetSuite.
|1997- 2010||Philips Semiconductors Division (became NXP Semiconductors). Data Standards Manager. Participated in migration project to SAP, implementing standards for reference data and master data, and supporting EDI migration. Interim manager responsible for product master data systems.Data Standards Team became part of Enterprise Architecture group. Expertise of the team was extensively used in:|
- implementation of both internal (EAI) and external (B2B) messaging,
- standardisation of product data to enable publication to customers in a variety of electronic formats
- master data cleansing projects.
|1986-97||Moved with Philips to Eindhoven in 1986 joining a Corporate IT department working on data dictionaries, methodologies for metadata standardisation, EDI message standards, terminology standards and ER data modelling.Worked with EDIFICE.org, an EDIFACT user group in the high-tech industry, designing EDI implementation guides for EDIFACT messages in the high-tech supply chain. Developed principles for specifying EDI implementations based on a data model. Applied these principles in the migration from EDIFACT to XML.
|1983-86||IT Manager for Philips Electronics Ireland in Dublin. Installed an IBM System 36 and the first data communications.
|1973-82||Early career as a Chartered Accountant in Scotland and Ireland. Became an EDP Audit specialist with Coopers & Lybrand in Dublin.
| || |
|1992-96||Secretary of EDIFICE|
|2003-05||Treasurer of EDIFICE|
| || |